We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to develop into the person and
professional they want to be, including and especially those that work in service of
That Spark is a learning design company that enables China’s social sector workforce
to improve performance and have a better journey to impact. That Spark allows
learners to gain skills and a supportive community, and organizations to train and
engage their network of staff, partners, and volunteers so that they can scale faster
and deliver more value to their stakeholders.
We are growing our team and are now looking for a creative, enthusiastic Customer
Success Manager to ensure that our learners get the most from their experience with
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of professional experience, preferably in areas
of sales, marketing, or customer success in an education technology company or in a
similar, growth-focused environment.
We are looking for YOU to join us to ignite that spark, together
Because of your passion to support China’s growing number of changemakers, you
are driven to understand how people learn and how unique applications of design
and technology can help them do their jobs better.
You are intensely curious about thoughts and behaviors and want to dig deep into
what works and why.
You solve problems in order to meet strict production deadlines but still manage to
bring creativity, fresh perspectives, and a winning attitude to whatever you are
working on. You have demonstrated that you are results-oriented and able to work
well in a fast-moving team.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for activities spanning from
onboarding, goal setting, and metric management, to ensuring customer
engagement, and retention. You will have an in-depth understanding of customer’s
overall learning and development needs and possess the ability to identify and
articulate how That Spark can enhance their performance improvement goals.
In this position, you also become the advocate of the users within the company. You
will use your position to deeply understand user preferences and patterns, then help
to inform product and marketing strategies.
Serving as a learning success expert, the right candidate is truly passionate about
customer advocacy. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the success of our
customers and, furthermore, directly impact the growth of That Spark.
– Build trust and maintain strong relationships by learning about user’s
individual needs and learning goals, and figuring out how that customer can
best use That Spark
– Guide users to helpful resources, both on the platform and, where appropriate,
off the platform (in the philanthropy and social sector more widely)
– Lead data collection and analysis on value to users
– Support learning communities on our platform
– Help develop pathways to engage new users, or to better serve existing users
– See patterns in use and recommend product or process improvements
– Work with the product team to translate customer usage and feedback into
actionable insights and product features
– Work with marketing team to communicate our value to potential users
The right candidate will have these awesome qualities:
– Enthusiasm and passion to support China’s changemakers on their journeys to
– 3+ years of professional experience, preferably in areas of sales, marketing, or
customer success in an education technology company or in a similar,
– Superb problem-solving skills and mindset
– Track record of networking and community building
– Experience in market research, data collection, and analysis
– Experience in personal, professional, and leadership development training or
facilitation a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both Chinese and
– Strong interest in working in a small, fast-growing startup
If you don’t already have the qualities listed above but are interested in the position,
we want to talk to you. Send us examples of how you’ve learned other skills quickly
and show us that you can learn these with the right support
What you can expect to have from That Spark:
– An opportunity to create something that matters and make your meaningful
– A job to practice, learn and grow your expertise of customer success
– A mission-driven and result-oriented team, who will appreciate and support
– Competitive compensation and benefits
If you’d like to join us, we would love to hear from you.