UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a future
In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF. China has the second-largest child population: 14% of the world’s children. It’s had major progress recently, advancing education and health rights, promoting gender equality and reducing poverty. For more information, please visitwww.unicef.cn.
This is your opportunity to make an unprecedented contribution as a fundraising leader
In the context of one of the most exciting and dynamic private sector markets in the world, the Chief of Private Sector Fundraising has the responsibility to fully harness the power of the private sector to create extraordinary levels of financial resources for UNICEF’s work for children. He/she will lead a talented and growing team of national and international fundraising professionals to accomplish this. She/he will:
• Provide leadership and direction in developing UNICEF China’s overall Private Sector Fundraising strategy and implementation frameworks focused on global and local private sector partners including private individuals, philanthropic donors, corporations and foundations in China
• Provide guidance and direction for planning, implementation, research and analysis of all fundraising channels with emphasis on achieving flexible and unrestricted resources
• Manage, lead and grow the Individuals Fundraising Programme. Lead an outstanding digital-first engagement strategy with prospective and current donors. Ensure alignment with regional and global level and the delivery of investment commitments
• Take an active role in identifying, approaching and negotiating partner relationships with corporations, foundations and wealthy individuals who may potentially become major donors to UNICEF in China -leadingbest in class account management to maximize the value of partnerships
• Actively seek and develop new fundraising products that are appropriate in the China context and in alignment with global goals
• Provide leadership and supervision to the team for all fundraising activities. Establish work plans and budgets, and identify training requirements to meet staff development needs
• Lead the team in collaborating with other sections to develop funding proposals and partnerships, coordinate corporate and foundation engagement activities, plan and carry out partner visits when necessary, promote dialogue and information exchanges at a local and global level
• Work across sections to unify projection of UNICEF’s image and positioning to UNICEF’s supporters and potential supporters, promoting collaboration and ensuring that synergies are created between the different teams, strategies and activities.
• Supervise the development of fundraising tools such as Resource Mobilization kits, communication tools to Chinese private individual donors, program funding requirement documents, partner updates, annual report for donors, and articles
To qualify as achampion for every child you will have…
• Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Communications, Economics or equivalent, with specialization in Fundraising Studies or Marketing.NB: [A first level university degree in combination with additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu or the advanced university degree]
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in fundraising or business development for an international organization, non-profits or companies
• A demonstrable level of experience at strategic management level and ofteam leadership
• Notable experience in sales and of developing substantial partnerships with the corporate sector
• Strong management and coordination skills in a complex multi-organizational setting
• Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Interpersonal and motivational skills; capacity to build team spirit and bring diverse teams to deliver on shared results
• Compelling communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
• Sensitivity to cultural nuances
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of Mandarinwould be valuable, but is not essential.
For every child, you demonstrate…
Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
You are invited to apply for making a difference in the lives of children. Applications including a Cover Letter and a CV/resume shall be sent through www.unicef.org/employ(requisition #514137). The deadline for receipt of applications is 11July 2018.