UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children.We are now seeking committed and hardworking candidates to join us to inspire change and address inequity and gender inequality. UNICEF works with the State Council Leading Group Office of Poverty Alleviation and Development (LGOP) to support the Government of China’s priority to eradicate poverty with a special focus on child poverty alleviation and social inclusion.
• Collect and analyse data on the overall socio-political-economic trends and their implications, and specifically on the multiple dimensions of child poverty, social exclusion and gender equality
• Provide technical inputs to child poverty project development and management, including formulating project documents, contributing to meetings and policy dialogues, and providing advisory support to the field operation
• Establish a network with key stakeholders and maintain effective relationships across the areas of child poverty, gender equality, and social inclusion
• Monitor and evaluate programmes to support partners in effective implementation and funding utilization
• Develop and implement activities related to child poverty annual work plans
• Document best practice and write progress reports and donor proposals
• Promote and raise awareness on gender equality
• Master’s level university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, Gender Studies or other relevant disciplines. Academic credentials in gender are a strong asset
• At least two years of professional working experience in child poverty and gender
• Experience working with the UN or other international development organization is an asset
• Fluency in English and Mandarin
• Nationality of P.R. China
Do you have?
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
• Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
If so, you are invited to apply for making a difference in the lives of Chinese children. Applications including a Cover Letter and a CV/resume shall be sent to email@example.com or through www.unicef.org/employ(requisition 498644). The deadline for applications is 7 May. Candidates who have applied for the post earlier, do not need to reapply.
In our effort to obtain a gender-balanced workforce, we’re currently
particularly looking atqualified male candidates to join the team