United Nations Children’s Fund is seeking a
Consultant – Data Processing, Beijing China
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, Collaboration
UNICEF works with private sector partners and individuals to identify resources for our work in China. We are now looking for an individual contractor to join the team to carry out data processing work as well as to follow-up on existing or potential supporters and answering inbound inquiries in order to strengthen campaign results to better support UNICEF programmes. This is a temporary assignment for 5.5 months to conduct data processing and make calls to UNICEF China’s supporters from Dec 2018 to Mar 2019. Extensions can be considered based on performance.
How can you make a difference?
Being responsible for interacting with UNICEF supporters to answer inquiries and build relationship with UNICEF, and record the data promptly and accurately into database.
- Processing entries:
- Import and input new data into database timely and accurately -daily
- Maintain and clean current data in database, e.g. update info in database as per donor’s request, data cleaning, etc. -daily
- Generate above data processing report.
- Email/SMS/WeChat or other online channel Inquiry follow up / reply-within 3 working days
- Inbound calls: Efficiently answer inquiries in a professional manner based on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guidelines -reply immediately -Log questions not on the FAQ to develop a more comprehensive list. -Reply the inquirer should the required answers not be immediately available after consultation with supervisor. -Raise any unusual issues to supervisor to seek guidance on responses management.
- Outbound calls: Carry out out-bound calls to supporters for follow up / information update and to introduce new activities. Log details of calls in database.
- Provide administrative support to the unit as requested, such as typing, translation, filing, faxing, photocopying, mailing, etc.
To qualify you will have…
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or other comparable education.
- Native Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Good initiative, ability to conceptualise and come up with improvement suggestions.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to submit: 1) Cover letter/application, 2) CV, 3) A financial quotation for the consultancy, indicating daily rate and number of working days. Apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ (requisition 518435). The deadline for receipt of applications is 25 December 2018.
Full ToR can be reached at ToR_IFR Consultants_20181122.docx
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.