United Nations Children’s Fund is seeking a
Data Processing and Customer Care Associate
at GS-4 level for a fixed-term appointment in Beijing
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a future
In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF. China has the second-largest child population: 14% of the world’s children. It’s had major progress recently, advancing education and health rights, promoting gender equality and reducing poverty. For more information, please visitwww.unicef.cn.
This is your opportunity to make an unprecedented contribution as a fundraising leader
We’re now looking for a diligent and motivated new staff member to join our Supporter Care team. The Data Processing Associate will be responsible for processing new information promptly and accurately in line with instructions, to interact with UNICEF supporters to answer inquiries and find solutions, and carry out general administrative tasks in support of the team.She/he will:
• On a daily basis, accurately enter and update information into UNICEF’s database system
• Process financial data and promptly reconcile discrepancies.
• Carry out database cleansing tasks.
• Produce reports.
• Interact with supporters using email, sms, phone, mail, etc.
• Answer inquiries from supporters with the help of Frequently Asked Questions guidelines and record log details of supporter inquiries.
• Provide administrative support to the unit.
To qualify as achampion for every child you will have…
• A bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or other comparable education.
• 4-5 years of administrative work experience (may include internship experience), preferably in administration, data management, or related field.
• Native Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
• Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
• Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
• Good initiative, ability to conceptualise and come up with improvement suggestions.
• Excellent data entry and analytic skills
• Ability to work in teams and independently.
• Exceptional customer service attitude.
For every child, you demonstrate…
Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
You are invited to apply for making a difference in the lives of children. Applications including a Cover Letter and a CV/resume shall be sent through www.unicef.org/employ(requisition #514620). The deadline for receipt of applications is 21 October 2018.