Intern with CDB
We are looking for interns with a background in the social sciences, with intermediate or strong Chinese language skills (2 years of Chinese or more) if they are not Chinese, and interest and/or experience in the nonprofit/civil society sector. Interns should have good organizational and communication skills and be familiar with social media outreach.
The intern will work in the CDB office, which is located off a hutong in the Dongsi area of Beijing. Applications and questions about the internship can be directed to Gabriel Corsetti at email@example.com
1) Select, translate and summarize news articles on the development of civil society in China from Chinese sources.
2) Help to maintain and update our English WeChat account and our Facebook account.
3) Conduct research on nonprofit/civil society legislation and management in China.
4) Contribute to CDB’s ongoing research projects.
5) Any other tasks that arise related to CDB’s work.
The Application Process
We usually only consider applications for internships that last a minimum of two months, with the intern coming into the office at least three days a week.
To apply, please email your CV and a short cover letter to Gabriel Corsetti. The information should include:
1) the dates that you are available to do the internship.
2) the number of days per week that you are able to work.
(for applicants who are not Chinese citizens only)
3) your Chinese language ability.
4) whether you will be in possession of a suitable Chinese visa.